How Much Could You Save?
Calculate your savings using a
Calculation Based on:
SomnoSuite® Digital Vaporizer vs. Traditional Vaporizer:
- Flow rate of 0.2 L/min for SomnoSuite & 2 L/min for Traditional
- Iso Concentration of 2%
- Annual calibration cost of $200 – $300* for Traditional.
- Average cost of a typical 250 mL bottle size of Iso is $35:
Volume x $35 x 4 = $Cost/year
- Compressed gas fees vary from academia to pharma. Most tanks are rented with fees for tank fill/replacement averaging ~ $1,000/year.
- Calculations are based upon a specific customer request, and can be adjusted to other specific uses.
Uses Less Anesthetic Gas
The SomnoSuite is specifically designed to be used with mice and rats. It is pre-calibrated for use with both isoflurane and sevoflurane. Typical “human-sized” vaporizers on the market today waste more anesthetic gas than you would actually use in a given procedure. Using the SomnoSuite during a typical 30-minute procedure at a gas concentration of 2.5% isoflurane results in using less than .3 mL of isoflurane! It is capable of anesthetizing up to 2 mice simultaneously. The internal pump allows you to use room air or you may hook it directly to a compressed gas source. If you need to anesthetize more than two mice or multiple rats, check out our traditional multi-animal systems, capable of anesthetizing up to 6 animals.
With the RoVent Automatic Ventilator add-on module, the vaporized anesthetic is delivered directly to the animal along the inspiratory line coming from the ventilator. This close proximity of the vaporized gas to the animal’s lungs allows you to use far less anesthetic than traditional vaporizers, which require hook-up on the back side of the ventilator.