- NIBP controller
- Database software
- Far infrared warming platform(s)
- Animal holder, one for each channel (*size to be defined at time of order)
- VPR sensor and occlusion cuff kit, one for each channel (*size to be defined at time of order)
- Infrared thermometer
- Cardiovascular Genomics textbook
- Product manual
- 1-Year 100% Parts & Labor Warranty (Extended 2-Year Warranty available)
With the CODA®, You Can Measure
- 6 blood pressure parameters: systolic, diastolic, and mean BP, heart rate, tail blood volume and blood flow
- Mice as small as 8 grams to rats as large as 950 grams
- Diastolic blood pressure measured, not just a calculated value
- Dark-skinned mice (C57BL/6) without difficulty
- Awake or anesthetized animals with equal accuracy, consistency, and reliability
- Anesthetized animals in a radiological environment (MRI compatibility)
See How the Noninvasive Tail-Cuff System Works
The animal nose cone holders that accompany the CODA system were specifically designed for noninvasive tail blood pressure measurements. The clear acrylic holders provide unrestricted breathing and allow complete visibility to the researcher.
The VPR sensor incorporates a specially designed differential pressure transducer that measures the systolic and diastolic blood pressure by determining the blood volume in the tail. We have cuff sizes for mice as small as 8 grams to rats as large as 950 grams.
About Volume Pressure Recording (VPR)
VPR is a clinically validated method to measure blood pressure in mice and rats by determining the tail blood volume using a volume pressure recording sensor and an occlusion tail-cuff. VPR provides 99% correlation with telemetry and direct blood pressure measurements. Only our VPR technology can actually measure the diastolic blood pressure; all other tail-cuff technologies estimate (calculate) the diastolic blood pressure in mice and rats.