- DFP-Induced Status Epilepticus Severity in Mixed-Sex Cohorts of Adult Rats Housed in the Same Room: Behavioral and EEG Comparisons
- Basal and Stress-Induced Network Activity in the Adrenal Medulla In Vivo
- Soman (GD) Rat Model to Mimic Civilian Exposure to Nerve Agent: Mortality, Video-EEG Based Status Epilepticus Severity, Sex Differences, Spontaneously Recurring Seizures, and Brain Pathology
- Low frequency nanobubble-enhanced ultrasound mechanotherapy for noninvasive cancer surgery
- Stress related network activity in the intact adrenal medulla
Features & Benefits
- Extreme Precision & Accuracy, Flow Rates as Low as 100mL/minJust right for mice and other small animals
- Ambient Air or Compressed GasSaves time, increases accuracy, decreases WAG
- Less Waste Gas ExposureIncreases user safety
- Automated Anesthetic Delivery SystemEnsures precision to 0.1% for reproducable results
- No Annual Calibration or CertificationElectronic vaporizers utilizing active vaporization technology do not require annual maintenance and include a no-calibration certificate for facility inspections.
- Complies with Regulatory GuidelinesLow Flow vaporizers use less anesthetic and reduce exposure and waste anesthetic gas
- Integrated touch-screen display
- Externally mounted holder for anesthesia bottles up to 250 mL
- Integrated anti-spill, anti-vapor bottle top adapter
- Two accessory adapter
- WAG canister and holder
- 1-Year 100% Parts & Labor Standard Warranty
- Premium Warranty Available
Anesthetic Delivery System
SomnoFlo draws anesthetic directly from the standard 250mL bottle placed in a convenient holder outside the vaporizer.
Operates With Ambient Air or Compressed Gas
SomnoFlo operates using an internal air pump with ambient air or with compressed gas. For gas supplied at > 15psi, the Somno-7305 Preset Pressure Reducer is required to regulate the pressure.
How Much Could You Save?
Calculate your savings using a
SomnoFlo® Digital Vaporizer vs. Traditional Vaporizer:
- Flow rate of 0.2 L/min for SomnoFlo & 2 L/min for Traditional
- Iso Concentration of 2%
- Annual calibration cost of $200 - $300* for Traditional.
- Average cost of a typical 250 mL bottle size of Iso is $35:
Volume x $35 x 4 = $Cost/year
- Compressed gas fees vary from academia to pharma. Most tanks are rented with fees for tank fill/replacement averaging ~ $1,000/year.
- Calculations are based upon a specific customer request, and can be adjusted to other specific uses.
US & Canada
|Standard No Charge
|Additional 2 Years
|Additional 2 Years
|Loaner Equipment (for use under warranty repairs)
|Loaner Equipment — Shipping (for use under warranty repairs)
|Onsite Installation & Training
- Damage or failures that result from abuse, negligence, or misuse are not covered under warranty.
- Expedited repair time starts the business day after product is received and ends when shipped to customer.
- Customer is responsible to inform Kent Scientific when making a warranty claim.
- Extended warranties purchased after the original system sale are subject to approval. It may be necessary to have the controller returned for inspection before the purchase of the extended warranty.
SomnoFlo® Setup and Mouse Anesthesia Protocol
Demonstrating the Precision of Low-Flow Anesthesia Systems Observing the Tail Curl Reaction in an Anesthetized Mouse
We have 4 SomnoFlo units and all 4 of us rodent surgeons here LOVE them! The vaporizers are used extensively and we've had them for almost a year now and not one of us had to replace the 250ml bottle of Isoflurane that we started with yet. It is so efficient that from November until this month (August), and after 166 surgeries, the charcoal filter is heavier by a mere 14 grams. We placed an order for 1 more unit recently so that we can completely replace all of the high flow vaporizers that we used before.
We actually did order a SomnoFlo and we like it a lot. We just ordered a second one.
We ended up purchasing the Somnoflo and it works amazing. We also have received great customer service whenever we have needed help/ and or have had questions about the product.
The SomnoFlo has a significantly smaller footprint than the standard isoflurane cart; our procedure room feels like it’s doubled in size since replacing the cart that was in the middle of the it with the SomnoFlo on the counter. I used to trip over the legs of the isoflurane cart almost daily, and I’m delighted to have it out of the room. Being able to use room air instead of oxygen is a huge bonus - no more monitoring how much oxygen we have left in the tank or stressing over whether the tank will be replaced on time before our next surgery.
The SomnoFlo has made our lives much easier.
Wanted to check in since receiving the SomnoFlo that we ordered a few months ago. The system works amazing! All our lab members have had a chance to use the system and we are highly impressed with the efficiency of the machine and how quickly we are seeing the mice wake up from anesthesia after finishing our procedures with them.