With the CODA™, You Can Measure:
- 4 blood pressure parameters: systolic, diastolic, and mean BP and heart rate
- Mice as small as 8 grams to rats as large as 950 grams
- Diastolic blood pressure measured, not just a calculated value
- Dark-skinned mice (C57BL/6) without difficulty
- Awake or anesthetized animals with equal accuracy, consistency, and reliability
- Anesthetized animals in a radiological environment (MRI compatibility)
See How the Noninvasive Tail-Cuff System Works
The animal nose cone holders that accompany the CODA system were specifically designed for noninvasive tail blood pressure measurements. The clear acrylic holders provide unrestricted breathing and allow complete visibility to the researcher.
The VPR sensor incorporates a specially designed differential pressure transducer that measures the systolic and diastolic blood pressure by determining the blood volume in the tail. We have cuff sizes for mice as small as 8 grams to rats as large as 950 grams.
What is Volume Pressure Recording (VPR)?
VPR is a clinically validated method to measure blood pressure in mice and rats by determining the tail blood volume using a volume pressure recording sensor and an occlusion tail-cuff. VPR provides 99% correlation with telemetry and direct blood pressure measurements. Only our VPR technology can actually measure the diastolic blood pressure; all other tail-cuff technologies estimate (calculate) the diastolic blood pressure in mice and rats.
Upgrade Your CODA Monitor with CODA Data Acquisition Software
If you are interested in analyzing your data, tracking animals or groups of animals, assigning animals to specific researchers or technicians you can upgrade the CODA Monitor to include the CODA Data Acquisition Software.
The CODA™ Software Allows You To:
- Store and save all of your data
- Save each reading in both numeric and graphical representation
- Easily create experiment summary reports
- Identify and group animals
- Assign animals to researchers
- Accept or reject blood pressure measurements after the experiment
The CODA™ Software is compatible with Windows® 7, 8 & 10, 64 bit.