- Tabletop stand (13" H x 12" W x 10" D)
- One inlet flowmeter, 0 to 1000 mL (A 200 to 4000 mL flowmeter is available in both single and multi-station systems, except on 6-channel systems)
- One set of inlet/outlet caps
- Charcoal filter canister
- High-pressure oxygen hose with DISS fittings
- The VetFlo™ Traditional Anesthesia System with isoflurane vaporizer includes a 3-year warranty.
Optional induction chambers and anesthesia masks are available for purchase, or select a convenient, cost-effective Anesthesia Starter Kit that includes all the components necessary for your setup. See all VetFlo™ accessories ›
Why Use a New Vaporizer?
For your safety, the safety of your animals and the integrity of your study, Kent Scientific offers genuine, new vaporizers manufactured specifically for either isoflurane or sevoflurane. Although remanufactured or reconditioned vaporizers cost less, there have been reports of poor performance related to how the vaporizers are actually “remanufactured.” It is very costly to truly recondition a vaporizer to a specific agent and if not done properly, it could result in unknowingly overdosing your animal.
You may also run into problems with annual calibration if your vaporizer was not reconditioned properly.
- Brand new vaporizer canisters
Never reconditioned or remanufactured
- Superior design
Durable stand, accurate, high-quality flowmeters, small footprint
- Complete systems
Includes all the tubing and connectors needed
- Simple set-up and use
Y-adapter tubing for easy transfer from induction chamber to anesthesia mask
Reference: Laboratory Animal Anesthesia
Author: P. A. Flecknell
Publication date: 2009/ 304 pages / 3rd Edition
The additions and amendments to this new edition reflect developments in anesthetic practice and changes in our attitudes towards laboratory animal welfare. Standards of anesthesia for laboratory animals have increased greatly since the publication of the second edition, and the use of technically demanding procedures have become much more widespread. This new edition attempts to balance the need for additional information in these areas with the main goal of the first edition: the provision of an introductory text for new investigators.
- New edition provides new information on anaesthesia and analgesia, and has an extensively revised and updated bibliography.
- Provides a balanced consideration of the needs of scientific research and the welfare of laboratory animals.
- Written by a veterinary anaesthetist and scientist with over 30 years experience in the field, and who is actively engaged in research in this area
- Provides rapid, easily accessed information using tabulated summaries
- Provides those with limited experience of anaesthesia with the information they need to carry our procedures effectively, safely, and humanely.
- Provides sufficient depth for the more experienced anaesthetist moving to this field